Monday 31 October 2016

About the Gospel

The new guy at church (usually known as Pastor Mike) has been teaching a membership class during Sunday School. Because I teach a Sunday School class, I haven't been in his class, but I've finally started listening to them on-line. While the class is officially for people planing to join the church, it's attended by any adult who wants to come to Sunday School (and some children as well), and it's an excellent review of what the church believes and why, and some key doctrines from Scripture.

Membership class 2 covered the gospel, what it means to be a Christian, and how to become a Christian (because while all members need to be believers, not all people who attend church are believers; also, it's a key doctrine).

So, if you're wondering what the gospel is all about, or even if you know (or think you know), I'd suggest that you head over to the church website and listen to him.

In fact, when you have time, you should listen to all of the Membership Class lessons. While I can only vouch for the first 3 (I'm still behind in my listening), I'm pretty sure they're all excellent!

No comments: