Sunday 23 October 2016

It's Time to Start Again

Okay, let's try this blog thing again. I have a lot going on in my head, but there are some complications when it comes to blogging:

1. I don't want to share everything with the world (or the bit of the world that still reads this).

2. When I'm thinking about things that I could blog, it isn't always a convenient time to write.

3. I'm trying to stay off the computer in the evenings, there's not a lot of time to write in the mornings, and I'm usually at work during the day.

On the other hand, I like writing, and I do have thoughts that I can share. So here's the plan: I'm going to try updating the blog at least once a week. We'll see how that works for now.

And for those of you who have hung in there, waiting for words, I have 2 stories for you:

From work:

One of my students was trying to show off how smart he is, so I pointed out that I still know more math than he does. His response:
"That's because I'm only in grade 6, and you're in grade...adult!"

From Junior Church:

We were talking about Moses (who, despite what one small sweetheart thought, was never thrown into a pit by his brothers). We were talking about how God knew that Pharaoh would say No to Moses, and how God knows everything. We don't know everything: not us, or our parents, or the pastors, or anyone. Then this conversation happened:

Small girl, very thoughtfully: But I think Pastor James and Pastor Mike know a LOT about God and the Bible.

Me: Well, yes, or they'd have to or they wouldn't be very good pastors.

Smaller girl, with all the intensity of a Very Serious 4-year old: Pastor James and Pastor Mike are VERY good pastors because they teach us about God and Jesus.

There was general agreement, and I assured them that yes, I know that they are very good pastors. I was also trying not to laugh at how quickly they came to the pastors' (unnecessary) defense.

No comments: