Friday 25 November 2016

What I'm Reading

It seems like a good time for a roundup of what I'm currently reading so....

Out of the Blues by Wayne Mack
This book deals with depression and loneliness from a biblical perspective, and I think it's an excellent counseling book. I actually just finished it, so I guess I'm not currently reading it.

The Power of Prayer in a Believer's Life by Charles Spurgeon (compiled and edited by Robert Hall)
I've been reading this for a few months. I read a bit, and then get distracted by other books. I only have 1 1/2 chapters left to read; I will finish it by the end of the year!

The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson
Because: Brandon Sanderson. Need I say more?

Because He Loves Me by Elise Fitzpatrick
I've read this before, but it's been a few years We're using it for my women's counseling class this year. Since I'm the teacher, I thought I should at least re-read the book.

The Blessing of Humility by Jerry Bridges
It's Jerry Bridges. Of course I'm reading it. This is my "while I'm eating" book right now.

Confections of a Closet Master Baker by Gesine Bullock-Prado
I picked this one up because of the title. I didn't pay much attention to the author's name, so when she talks about her sister Sandy, and then mentions that Sandy is a movie start, it took me a while to figure out that she means Sandra Bullock. And I actually finished it last night.

Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners by John Bunyan
Let's be honest: I'm not really reading this. I started it, but it goes on and on and it's very, very small print. I was reading it for "a book by a puritan", but I think I'll trade it in for Pilgrim's Progress. One day I'll finish this one, but it may take a very, very long time.

No comments: