Sunday 21 May 2017

Sunday Notes

Double posting today: you should all feel special! I wanted to have a post just about the sermon (because it made me very happy), but there is more to say about Sunday.

I taught my Sunday School class about the 5 Solas of the Reformation, thereby tying the regular lessons and the Reformation classes together. By the end of the class, my chalkboard (because I'm very old-school and prefer a chalkboard) was covered with the 5 Solas and several other words that I put up as they did their worksheets because none of them can spell. It was a good class, and we learned and laughed a lot.

After church, one of the families came over for what we decided was Sunday dinner (I'm not sure what meal you eat at 3:00 on a Sunday afternoon). We started with carrot sticks and strawberries, and then the Swiss Chalet delivery showed up. It was so very good! Later we all walked down to the pond and then hung out at the playground for a while. The mom and I talked while the dad and the kids played. I think the nicest part, for me, was how relaxed and comfortable they felt at my house: the were able to kick back, rest, take a short nap, and none of us had to worry about being "on" the whole time. That's what I've wanted for my home: for it to be a comfortable place where people can feel at home and just relax for a while.

It's been a nice day. I'm a little sleepy (fresh air and sunshine will do that!), and feeling pretty relaxed and happy.

For your listening entertainment:


No comments: