Friday 23 June 2017

A Story for You

When Mum was visiting, she brought me a pile of stuff from my childhood, including some stuff that I had written in grade 7. I thought I should share, so I bring you this amazing piece of literature:

The Kangaroo

The kangaroo was very vain. Now you may wonder what he had to be vain about, because he wasn't very pretty, or smart. But he was vain. You see, the kangaroo was the best jumper in the jungle. Now, everyone knew that because he was always bragging. Even at the rabbit's wedding!
"You may get married, but I can hop faster," he said.
Finally, the rabbit went up to him and said, "I think you brag too much."
The kangaroo just gasped, and lunged at the rabbit. The rabbit hopped as fast as he could, but the kangaroo went faster. Ahead was a wall. The rabbit jumped up, and what he saw made his heart miss a beat. Down he jumped, barely missing the wall, and what was behind it.
Up came the kangaroo, and sailed over the wall. Splash! [in the original, I drew water drops around the word Splash!] He landed in an alligator pool! The rabbit hopped over the wall again, while the kangaroo splashed around wildly, and full of fear. When he got out, he never bragged again.

Moral: Look before you leap!

There you go: amazing literature from a younger me. Can you believe I only got 8.5/10 on that? It may be because there are no jungles in Australia (although there are rain forests). There are also no alligators in Australia. I probably lost marks because of geographical confusion.

No comments: