Monday 17 July 2017

Sunday Notes (on Monday again)

I have no excuse for not posting yesterday; it just slipped my mind. I think I was enjoying not being hot for a change. I know a lot of people love the heat; I love that it was rainy and cool yesterday (and windy and cool today)!

Yesterday was a pretty normal Sunday. Mike preached. I loved his sermon title: "Unity Through Diversity: Or How the Body of Christ is Built Up & Grows Towards Unity Through People with a Diversity of Functions & Gifts". That is an awesome title. The sermon was also very good. It was from Ephesians 4:11-16, and he talked about how we all have gifts to use in the service and building up of the church.

The rest of the day was quiet. I baked muffins (because it was finally cool enough to turn on the oven) and made strawberry syrup (it's great for making strawberry milk). I finished a book of short stories/essays by knitters and started a biography of a Muslim who became a Christian. In the evening, I went for a walk and watched the ducks and geese swimming with their babies.

This week's hymn is one of my favourites. I was reading up on the writer (Thomas Chisholm). He was a regular guy who led an uneventful life. Great is Thy Faithfulness celebrates the regular works of God's faithfulness in our lives, and His daily provisions. It also reminds us that Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and we can trust Him to care for us.


No comments: