Sunday 2 July 2017

Sunday Stuff

Pastor Mike preached today about unity in the church. It was good; he was talking about how all believers are already united in Christ. He also showed how unity cannot be based on shallow beliefs, but needs to be based on the truths of Scripture. It was encouraging, and it helped me understand how the bond of unity with some people I know can still be strong even though we disagree about some things (mostly to do with how the church is run, and a few other non-essentials).

Canada Day was a lot of fun. I spent time with friends I haven't seen in a few months (some even longer), catching up on things, laughing, and eating. I was only intending to go for an hour or so in the afternoon (we were celebrating an 80th birthday), but ended up being invited for supper since I'm considered family. In the evening, I went to see the fireworks with a family from the church. There are fireworks close to where we live (I could probably have watched some of them from my balcony), so we got to celebrate and get home before midnight. It was a really good day of fellowship and fun.

Next week is one of the busiest at work. It's the first week of summer break, and everyone will be getting schedules sorted out and such. The good news is, it's only a week (or two) and then things settle into summer routine.

Here is a hymn to start your week off well.


No comments: