Sunday 10 September 2017

Sunday Notes

Life was supposed to settle down now that school is back in session. I hope that happens soon! This past week was pretty crazy, just getting schedules and stuff set up at work, and dealing with piles of paperwork. Next week I'm able to shift back to my regular schedule, so that should help.

I almost have things ready for Sunday School. Registration is done (and I think everyone is registered, although there will probably be a few more when we start next week). Each class has 10 or 11 students, except for the grade 5 and 6 class; they have 14 students. We have 55 students registered (preschool-grade 6), plus whatever we have in the junior high class. This year, the high school kids are joining the adult class, which I think will work best for everyone. There is a huge gap between grade 7 and grade 12, and the class was getting really big. Most people seem pretty happy with the change.

Wednesday morning women's study starts soon as well. Next Saturday is the potluck kick-off, and then the following week is the class itself. For the most part, I'll be taking care of the home school room, where I'm completely happy. Once a month, I'll also teach a counseling class. I did it last year, and it went well, so I'm looking forward to continuing it this year. I have a great group of ladies, and I like that we're training women to counsel women in the church.

That's about it for now. I am planning to blog more, but I'm waiting for the fall church stuff to get organized and going, and then I can relax a bit more.



No comments: