Sunday 22 October 2017

Sunday Notes

I was hanging out in various Sunday School classes again today. There seemed to be a number of students absent this week, so the classes were quieter. The little guys were sweet, and their teacher gave me a star for showing up, so they're currently my favourite class! The classes as a whole seem to be going well; there are just a few notes for them to help make things better. I like that I get to spend time training teachers this year, rather than assigning them classes and then mostly leaving them on their own. I think things will go more smoothly for everyone.

I'm incredibly tired today. My downstairs neighbours were in a party mood last night. They did move inside, but every time I started to fall asleep properly, they came back outside for a smoke, and they were loud. I don't think people realize how well voices travel at night, nor do they realize how loud they are when they're talking and laughing. Eventually they decided to stay inside, or I just fell asleep deeply enough to not notice.
The funny part was that I overheard a conversation where the guy said that he never hears his upstairs neighbours. It made me feel better about the amount of noise we were making Friday evening when I had a family from the church over. They have 9 children, and although they're fairly well behaved, having 9 children playing in my small apartment does make it noisy. And of course it's usually quite quiet in my apartment since I live alone.

One of the fish died at work. When I got to work on Wednesday, I knew it was sick (it was tilting while swimming). It died on Friday; I got to work Saturday morning to find 2 notes. Note one said, "Pebbles died. I didn't know what to do with her." Note two said, "Fish died. Fed it to the porcelain coffin." The students don't seem to be concerned; they are more interested in the pregnant fish.

Here is your song for the week:

No comments: