Sunday 5 November 2017

Sunday Stuff

Today in Sunday School I learned that I'm not allowed to get drunk and start beating people up. I think, from context, that it's the people at church whom I'm not allowed to beat up, but I'll try to refrain from beating up anyone just to be on the safe side. Adult Sunday School rocks. I spend a lot of time wondering what I've been missing out on all those years of teaching instead of sitting in the adult class.

Today is the official start of Christmas Concert season. We had our meeting and got people signed up. As always, there are a lot of small children who will be part. One wee one kept asking if we were having the concert today, no matter how many times I said no; another one was concerned that they would have to guess at the words of the songs, but I put his mind to ease. This year is a bit different because I have a lot of older kids. I'm missing the chunk in the middle, aka, all the shepherds. I have angels and I have someone to play Mary, but most of the grade 5/6 kids aren't in it this year. I think I'll have to recruit shepherds from grades 7 and 8. And, as always, I need a Joseph. No one wants to be Joseph.

In honor of the start of the season, here is my favourite Christmas carol:


No comments: