Sunday 7 January 2018

The First Week of the New Year

It was a good week. Nothing exciting happened, which I figure is a good sign (I'd like a nice, peaceful year). Work was pretty normal given that it's still Christmas break. A lot of kids were off, a few forgot to come, and the rest were fairly well focused.

This morning, Pastor Mike was preaching in Ephesians 5.  I learned all about how to be a Spirit-filled husband. It was actually quite good, since "love as Christ loved the church" is required of all believers (it's just that not all of us have to love a wife). Also, I love when he talks about how Christ loves the church; he did the same a couple weeks ago when he talked about the "wives submit to husbands" verses. It's both joy and motivation.

Life starts up properly tomorrow. The kids go back to school and they come back to the centre; women's study at the church starts on Wednesday, which means I'll be back running the home school room; Sunday School starts again next Sunday. It's all good stuff, and I think we all feel better for this bit of a rest.

We sang this hymn this morning at church. It was new to me (and a lot of other people), and I really like it. Here is "The Secret Place" by R.C. Sproul:


No comments: